I’m not a famous athlete, or even a trainer to the stars. But, I am an excellent coach and trainer that knows a heck of a lot about the human body and how it responds to training. And, since I’m almost 50, you’re getting advice from someone who has a lot of practical experience to go along with sound formal education. I have though, gotten my fair share of accolades. Here is a highlight of my qualifications:
- Masters’ degree in Exercise/Sports Sciences
- Over 30 years in fitness industry
- Over 25 years as a personal trainer
- IHRSA Fitness Director of the Year
- Former Fitness Director of the Cooper Aerobics Center in Dallas, TX
- Presenter in several fitness/personal trainer conferences
- Authored/featured in several magazines including: Outside, Men’s Fitness, GQ, Vitality, and more.
- Author of chapter on Fitness Equipment, Selection and Purchase for American College of Sports Medicine.
- High school and club track and cross country coach
- Certified by CIAR and NSCA
Why the Website?
No B.S.: I’m very entrepreneurial-minded. I’ve been thinking for a while about starting a business. It makes sense for me to start a business with my fitness background. I thought long and hard about opening a fitness center, but advisers who know the health club industry have talked me out of it. So, I decided to start 5 Best Exercises. How can I make money? you ask. Well, throughout the site I will make some product recommendations. Some of them give me a commission if you buy it. Now, that can be slimy, and some people work that way. But, I want to be able to sleep at night and I want to have a business that honors God. So, I’m only going to recommend products that I have or would buy myself. It’s simple. If it’s on my site, it’s a good product.
If you have any questions or concerns, please post your comment and I will do my best to reply.