Step back lunges are one of, if not the best lunge exercise. The reason is because you get the benefit of stepping forward without the risk of lunging forward. Read more about walking lunges here. Also, you can see other types of lunges in our list of exercises here.
Remember, an exercise is only as good as the workout program it is part of. Make sure you check out Best Exercises Programs.
Step back Lunges
- Hold the bar or hand weights in a way that is most comfortable to you.
- Step backward and lower your body
- Make sure your knees don’t move in front of your knees.
- Go as deep as is comfortable but not lower than when your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Be careful not to let your knee of your trailing leg hit the ground.
- Step forward to the starting position
- Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions or until fatigued