What is TRX?
TRX exercise is a branded system that utilizes cables suspended from the ceiling or other fixed point above the exerciser. This is known as suspension training and TRX is the king of this type of training the same way Kleenex is to tissue paper. Read my TRX Review.
The benefits of suspension training may not be obvious at first glance, but the first time you try it, you’ll immediately understand the reason for the growth in this type of training. I liken it to the rings apparatus in men’s gymnastics. Imagine having the rings to do all sorts of exercises and also have the ability to adjust the resistance to where almost anyone could do it and you have TRX training.
Benefits of TRX
If you’ve read enough of my lists of best exercises or 5 bests, you know that I’m a big fan of TRX. Here’s why:
- All exercises are whole body exercises that use more muscle
- Your core is very involved in all exercises
- The instability of the system forces the exerciser to use more even muscle than most other exercises
- TRX suspension training can be performed anywhere you can secure it overhead-even outside.
- It’s light weight
- It’s amazingly inexpensive considering how many exercises you can do with it
- No matter how fit you are, the first time you do a TRX workout, you’ll feel for days that you did something substantial.[hmtad name=”In Content” align=”left”]
TRX is available for purchase by individuals for use at home or at most health clubs where they sometimes have TRX classes. Lot’s of personal trainers have them because they understand the benefits.
Home Gym with Free Shipping
No Machines. Easy Setup and Storage.
At some point in the near future I’ll be listing TRX exercises and TRX workouts. Please check back.