What is CrossFit?Crossfit is a daily workout that can be done at home or at any of thousands of CrossFit gyms around the US. The workouts or WOD’s (Workout of the Day) are posted online and all CrossFit centers do the same workout that particular day.
Who’s it For?
CrossFit is about as tough as it gets! This program is for the exerciser who wants to treat fitness as a sport. I wouldn’t even consider it unless you are already fit, strong, and functionally sound (no joint problems, etc.)[hmtad name=”In Content” align=”left”]
Benefits of CrossFit
This is an amazing concept! I have been around the fitness and sports training industry for over 35 years and I have never seen anything like this. Here’s what I like about it:
- Everyone doing the same workout: One daily workout designed by true, fitness gurus. That’s just so different and cool.
- Functional exercises: They use only exercises that are designed to use the whole body and work the way your body was designed.
- Motivation: Leaders and peers to help you get through the workouts.
- Balanced fitness: Most activities for exercise focus on one of a few aspect of fitness (strength, cardio, flexibility, balance, etc.). CrossFit juggles them all into the workouts as they have different exercises each day.
- Fitness levels: I would have to guess that participating in crossFit would help you achieve unparalleled levels of fitness. At the very least, among the highest levels.
To learn more, visit their website at CrossFit.com.