Hamstring presses are possibly the best hamstring exercise. The reason is because it moves the hamstrings the way that hamstrings actually move in real life. Think about it: Unless you’re running fast, you really don’t curl your leg very much when moving around. The hamstrings do a lot of work pushing back with your glutes. I also like them because they can be done almost anywhere. All you need is a chair, step or other rise. I like a ball to have more instability. That forces you to use more muscle. Remember, an exercise is only as good as the workout program it is part of. Make sure you check out Best Exercises Programs. Also, make sure to check out the list of exercises for lots of great exercises.
- Lie with your back on the floor with a ball, bench or chair in front of you.
- Place your heels on the ball, or bench.
- Press your heels into the ball so that your hips raise up as high as you comfortably can.
- You can try different angles of your knees.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions or until fatigued