Standing Cable Chest Press
The Standing Cable Chest Press is one of the very best upper body ans specifically chest exercises there is. The reason is because unlike the bench press or dumbbell chest press, our back is not against and supported by a bench. This means that you must use your core muscles to accomplish the exercise. Additionally, the standing cable chest press puts you in the position you would be in if you actually had to press. Think about it, when would you ever have the luxury of having your back supported as you press something? Also, the free-moving cables mean that you will use more muscle to move them in the right direction. And, more muscle means more energy used, calories spent, and metabolism raised. It’s a great exercise! In addition to this exercise, you can see more at List of Exercises by Body Part. Remember, an exercise is only as good as the workout program it is part of. Make sure you check out Best Exercises Programs.
- Have cables adjusted so that they are at shoulder height or just above
- Hold handles at chest height
- With elbows out, hands should be even with elbows
- Exhale as you press out until elbows are almost fully extended
- Inhale as you return to the starting position
- Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions or until fatigued
Check out the List of Exercises by Body Part.