Walking Lunges are a very effective, but risky exercise. They are effective because they use
They are risky because there is a risk of knee injury if not done properly. I consider them an advanced exercise and not for anyone who is just starting out or does not already have good leg strength.every muscle in your lower body, require and improve balance, and are very functional. This means that not only are they a great exercise to make your legs look great, they help you with everyday life.
[hmtad name=”In Content” align=”left”]
Body Parts Used
Utilizes all leg muscles, but the prime movers are the gluteals (buttocks) and quadriceps (thighs). Click on image to expand.
- Improve functional strength of legs
- strengthen all leg muscles especially the thighs and buttocks
- Improves balance
- Large amount of muscle used aids in elevating metabolism
- Hold the bar or hand weights in a way that is most comfortable to you.
- Step forward and lower your body
- Make sure your knees don’t move in front of your knees.
- Go as deep as is comfortable but not lower than when your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Be careful not to let your knee of your trailing leg hit the ground.
- Step forward to the starting position
- Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions or until fatigued