Benefits of Push Ups
Push Ups, push-ups, or pushups are probably the overall best and most effective exercise for not only the chest. In fact it’s one of the 5 Best Exercises Overall. There are several reasons for this distinction. One is because anytime you are moving your body instead of moving an object in your hands, you are using more muscle and using more energy. For example, performing a bench press doesn’t use as much muscle because your torso is supported by a bench during the exercise. Another reason I like them is because they require no equipment so they can be done anywhere. Besides this exercise, you can see more at List of Exercises by Body Part. Remember, an exercise is only as good as the workout program it is part of. Make sure you check out Best Exercises Programs.
Push ups use most muscles of the upper body and torso, but the main focus is on the pectoral (chest), front deltoid (shoulder) and triceps (back of arm) muscles. Click on image to see it larger.
[hmtad name=”In Content” align=”left”]
- Lie face down on the ground
- Position your hands palms down about a hands-width away from the the lower part of your chest.
- Push up your body until you have almost a full extension in your arms .
- Slowly lower your body back down until just before your chest touches the ground .
- Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions or until fatigued