Standing Cable Rows
Standing Cable Row is the overall best exercise for the back. In fact it’s one of the 5 Best Exercises Overall. The reason is that it it uses the primary movement that uses the most back muscles, the rowing action, and because you stand while doing it. The reason that’s better is because when standing, nothing is supporting your torso. this forces you to use more muscle to accomplish the exercise when compared to rows that are seated or use a bench for support. Also, the core back muscles are working the whole time to support you. Besides this exercise, you can see more at List of Exercises by Body Part. Remember, an exercise is only as good as the workout program it is part of. Make sure you check out Best Exercises Programs.
- Stand holding the handle of a cable or resistance band
- Keep your knees slightly bent, hips pushed back and back in a neutral position
- Pull the handles as far back as possible while squeezing your shoulder blades together
- Slowly lower the handles back down until just before your shoulder blades come apart
- Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions or until fatigued
Check out the List of Exercises by Body Part.